Summer Justice Series: Building a Community of Love, Power & Liberation
NEA’s Summer Justice Series Camp Session II begins next week!
Join us July 13-16 and August 3-6 as we explore how we can find power in our creativity and our stories, and how these practices can in turn power our movements for change.
Each day we’ll have a slate of interesting speakers and guests to help guide our conversation, including:
- DJ Rich Medina, Ginny Suss of Resistance Revival Chorus and Beverly Bond of Black Girls Rock discussing the role of music in the fight for justice.
- Jason Reynolds, award-winning author and National Ambassador for Young Peoples’ Literature reimagines how we can embed our life arrangements with ideas like justice, interdependence, love and joy.
- Storytelling for change and open mic sessions featuring artists Talib Kweli, National Poetry Slam Champion Elizabeth Acevedo and Raquel Ra Brown.
- Performances by Grammy nominated artist Maimouna Youssef (aka
Mumu Fresh) and DJ Miss H.E.R.
- Interactive sessions on yoga and guided relaxation, and hear from Firas Nasr, Werk for Peace, on how our bodies can be our sources of liberation and power.
Join these FREE workshops and be part of our growing community of love, power, and liberation.